On 07/02/2013 13:03, Anil Goyal -X (anigoyal - Aricent Technologies at
Cisco) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating a new service in tomcat (7.0.20) with service name
> 'catalina_new' and appBase='webapps' by doing some changes in server.xml.
> I am keeping the appBase same as that for default service 'catalina'

Why?

A side effect will be that all apps in webapps are deployed to both
services.  This is because you've told Tomcat to do that.

What do you gain by having the same appBase?

> I have several applications deployed under webapps.
> I want only a single application with context '/feeder' to be accesible
> through new service.
>
> Condition: I do not want to have a separate appBase for new service and
> deployed only the required app under this new appBase.

Why not?

Why have you invented a spurious and unnecessary condition like this?

> In short, do we have a context based filtering in tomcat so that tomcat
> incorporate request only from a specific context path and ignore all others

No.

--

[key:62590808]