On 13/02/2013 15:19, Amit Bhagra wrote:
                         I am developing a tomcat application which requires
a large number of websocket connections to remain opened during the time
users are logged in (around 40-50 thousand). I have a ruby script (written
using faye-websocket) which can open as many websocket connections as we
desire and then send random messages on websockets and receive response from
server. This works well for small number of concurrent websocket
connections. The issue is I am not able to achieve a very high number of
websocket connections. Using the default blocking connector of Tomcat only
that much connections can be opened as specified with maxThreads param
(500-600). Configuring a NIO connector I am able to open around 10000
connections after that the connections start to close automatically. I have
set the fd-limit to 65535 accordingly and using a 1GB initial heap size.
Even with an APR connector the number remains pretty much same.

That is certainly the behaviour I would expect the the default settings for the HTTP connectors.

Look at this page:

and search for maxConnections.

Mark