On 28/02/2013 02:18, Chris Fors wrote:
Trying to get Windows
Authentication operational using the Tomcat Built-in method.  Implemented the
following but not
observed any Windows / Kerberos authentication occuring:

-
Domain joined
windows member server

-
Domain service
account

-
Delegated SPN for
HTTP protocol on the member server to the service account

-
Generated keytab
file for the service account and saved in $catalina.base\conf folder

-
Created Valve in context.xml of className
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SpnegoAuthenticator

-
Created krb5.ini and
saved in $catalina.base\conf folder

-
Created jaas.conf and
saved in $catalina.base\conf folder

After this still no observed
effect on logon authentications – all still apparently anonymous.

As expected from what you have described.

If there are no security constraints on a resource, Tomcat isn't going to require authentication.

  Anyone had success with this ?

Yes. I have a set of test VMs (1 domain controller, 1 Tomcat server and 1 client) where this feature works.

Any ideas on what is missing?Is there a good way to
debug the process?

See above. I'd expect to see some changes to the webapp.

Mark