All systems are  domain-joined to a mature IT Lab and the issue is with the
Tomcat server configuration as it should load the krb5.ini and or jaas.conf and
activity should be observable on the Web server - whether or not any error is
generated.  It is not clear to me what the design load process / order of the
call stack should be in the SPNEGO Authentication design.  This would help
focus on where the issue is. I ran Process Monitor
during a Network Client PC TCP session to the Tomcat Web Server as well as
during start of the Tomcat Web service.

During either of these  I don’t observe any calls to jaas.conf, or
krb5.ini.

What should initiate loading
of these and at what point should they load?

Observation Notes:

Process Monitor for Tomcat7.exe when browsing to
http://server/SPNEGOAuthTest.jsp shows in summary

TCP Accept: Server -> PC

TCP Receive: Server ->
PC

CreateFile:  .\Tomcat7.0\webapps\ROOT\SPNEGOAuthTest.jsp

QueryNetworkOpenInformationFile:

CloseFile:

CreateFile:...

CreateFile: .\ \_\org\apache\jsp\SPNEGOAuthTest_jsp.class

CloseFole . \ \_\org\apache\jsp\SPNEGOAuthTest_jsp.class

TCP Send:  Server -> PC

In the SPNEGOAuthTest.jsp
HTML response:

  request.getRemoteUser()