Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: saumil shah [mailto:saumil...@hotmail.com] Subject: Re: Re : Memory leak in Tomcat 6.0.35 ( 64 bit)

Don't top post - it's annoying and confusing.

can we deploy 32 bit web applications on 64 bit tomcat?

The point being made is that your question doesn't make any sense.  There's no
such thing as a 32- or 64-bit Tomcat, nor are there 32- or 64-bit webapps.
Java code is platform independent.  If you have native code that runs in the
JVM process, then its mode of execution must match that of the JVM, hence the
choice of tcnative add-ons.  If your webapp includes native code, you've likely
made poor architectural decisions in your application architecture.

And the additional point that I was trying to make - admittedly not very explicitly - is the following : in your original post, you seemed to make a connection between the supposedly 32-bit Tomcat and webapps, and the fact that you were encountering some kind of issue around a 2 GB memory size. But if your JVM is 64-bit, this "2 GB" memory size does not really mean anything, so you are likely on the wrong track.