Thanks for the reply.  This has been working without any issues so far.  The
problem started to appear yesterday.  The strange thing is that it does not
write any error to the logs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Violeta Georgieva [mailto:miles...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:33 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: FW: Tomcat 5.5.20 not stopping and starting correctly

Hi,

2013/4/10 Tailor,Nilesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We currently have an issue whereby Tomcat 5.5.20 does not seem to stop
and start correctly.  When we stop the service the below message appears:

> 'Windows could not stop the Apache Tomcat 5.5.20 service on Local
Computer. Error 109: The pipe has been ended.'

> When we start the service, we are not able to bring up the page.  I
> have
looked through logs and nothing is appearing in the tomcat logs which to
suggest what is causing the issue.

> Has anyone experienced this issue before?

It is possible that you are facing a known issue [1].

Please note that Tomcat 5.5.x is not supported anymore [2].

Regards
Violeta

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAEMON-195
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-55-eol.html

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments (including, but not limited to, any attached e-mails) may be
legally privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments
immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment
for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other
person. Thank you.