try to comment out RemoteAddrValve,
and check if the error still exists
have you added <role rolename="manager-jmx"/> into users.xml ?
add <role rolename="manager-gui"/> and try with web page, what is the error
?

have you tried with bare
               resourceName="UserDatabase"/> - without sha ?

for me, starting with pure downloaded latest tomcat 7, following
configuration enables html manager:
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
   <role rolename="manager-gui"/>
   <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat"
roles="tomcat,manager-gui,admin"/>

download new tomcat,
check if above conf  works for you, than add manager-jmx, check with jmx
and than add RemoteAddrValve, check, and than add sha.

regards
Jakub