We're trying to bring up SSL in Tomcat on a customer AS/400 (an E4C at V7R1, using the /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/64bit JVM), and every time we launch CATALINA, we get

SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler
["http-bio-443"]
Throwable occurred: java.net.BindException: The socket name is already in use.
<null>:443

Earlier today, I found something (I couldn't tell WHAT, because there were no jobs associated with the port) listening (and idle for 16 hours) on 443, on one of the IP addresses, but now, nothing on that port. I also looked for restrictions on that port, and there aren't any.

Any ideas of where to look next?

--
JHHL