2013/5/2 chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>:

> I've added some comments to
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html -
> is there a better way to get an addition made to that page?

Thank you.
The better way is to propose a patch

http://tomcat.apache.org/bugreport.html#How_to_submit_patches_and_enhancement_requests

Regarding

> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

page, generally I think that
1) there should be some introduction that says that the executables
come from commons.apache.org, and one should consult the original
documentation.
2) add a section that explicitly documents Tomcat's "service.bat"
script and options supported by it  (such as the service name
argument).  As it is written currently, only "service.bat install"
command is documented.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko