On 3 December 2013 14:46, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> On 12/3/13, 9:39 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: Leo Donahue - OETX [mailto:leodona...@mail.maricopa.gov]
>>> Subject: RE: wifi access to tomcat on wired mc
>>
>>> Have you tried disabling the windows firewall altogether to rule
>>> it out as the problem?
>>
>> The OP may well have more than one firewall active on the Windows
>> box, if I interpreted his previous postings correctly.
>
> +1
>
> Also iptables on the Linux box, but I'm still confused as to what
> exactly does and does not work. It seems the OP gives conflicting
> information with every additional post.

Confusion leading to conflicting?
I.e. I don't know what is / isn't getting in the way.
Window to Linux (tomcat)

1. I believe windows firewall is switched off (Zonealarm does that
on request)
2. Zonealarm firewall. Not exactly clear how to get that to pass through
... AFAIK that just needs incoming ip:8080 ( main tc port) - no others.
outgoing 'this machine' to ip address
3. British Telecom router (unable to find anything to set)
4. Fedora Linux. There is a firewall. No ideas on iptables.

Hence my confusion?

regards

--
Dave Pawson