As I said before, I have no control over the input text. In the test
servlet I am simply reading text from a file and sending it out to the
browser. No other processing has been done to the text by the servlet. The
browser, however, receives a page with CRLF stripped starting from a
certain point in the text.
If I View source in the browser, I can see that happening.

This is consistent over most operating systems (Windows and Linux) and most
browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome) and the stripping happens exactly at the
same point onward, in all combinations of OS and browser.

My question is: who is stripping the CRLF from the text? Is it Tomcat or
the browser? Is Tomcat doing any validation of the text before sending it
out to the client?

Thanks and regards.