The NIO connector has two attributes from the standard HTTP Connector
implementation, maxConnections and maxThreads with defaults of 10000 and
200, respectively.

Can anyone shine some light on how these work together? If I'm allowing up
to 10000 connections, would that mean I only have 200 threads to process
through them? It would seem to be a disparity between the defaults. If I'm
expecting maxConnection numbers in the area of ~2000 at any given time,
wouldn't I want to bump up my maxThreads closer to match that?

Production environment is:

DELL PowerEdge R720
Single Socket Six Core Intel Xeon E5-2640 2.5GHz
32 GB RAM
RHEL 6

Best,
John