Hi all,

I am trying to configure the Tomcat inbuilt filter
(tomcat.valves.CiscoResponseHeaderFilter) into my $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml

    <filter>
        <filter-name>CSRF</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.catalina.filters.CsrfPreventionFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
           <param-name>entryPoints</param-name>
           <param-value>/index.jsp</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>

    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>CSRF</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

But after doing this Tomcat server stuck in starting status and do not
starts completely.
If  I comment out the filter, Tomcat starts properly.
I verified the web.xml of Tomcat manager (
$TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml) where this filter is
configured by default and found that in below is used in filter mapping
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>CSRF</filter-name>
        <servlet-name>HTMLManager</servlet-name>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
    </filter-mapping>

So when use the same in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml, Tomcat works properly.
Why i am not able to map the filter to /* url?
What is the difference between using servlet name and url pattern ?
Can anyone provide the inputs and help in this regard.
Thanks for your time in advance.

-Utkarsh