Hello Martin,

The fact is our application is the only one running under tomcat.  However,
again, it runs fine absolutely everywhere else.  As for the load balancer,
the problem is that the client specifically paid for this feature and by
shutting it off we will have to admit failure and refund the money.  So,
this is kind of an option that the administration will not agree with, as
you can probably imagine.

To be honest, I too think that this is a problem with the load balancer, but
I have no way to prove it.  Is there something we need to do for the load
balancer to work properly?  More importantly, is there a way to determine if
in fact the load balancer is causing the problem?  My lack of knowledge of
Tomcat is one thing, but I have absolutely no knowledge of how a load
balancer works at all.  The most interesting bit, the load balancer is
active, but only on one machine ... meaning, it isn't actually balancing
anything.

However, the second installation that also went down does not have load
balancing running on it.  This doesn't help my argument with the
administration that this is truly a load balancing issue.  Please keep in
mind that we have dozens of other installations running without any
problems.

Thanks for the response, it is greatly appreciated.
Dan