-----Original Message-----
From: Saurabh Saraswat [mailto:ssaras...@pivotalindia.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 7:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: SQLNestedException in Connection Pooling With Tomcat 7.0.39

Dear Dan,

Thanks for your response!

I have cross checked the user / password configuration. All is correct. As i
mentioned that initially i am getting the object of connection but after some
time (After few hits to database from application) my web app goes to slow and
than it stops working i i got the below exception-
*org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot get a connection, pool
error Timeout waiting for idle object*

I searched for this and find that reason is "maxWait" ms then i set it to
-1 i think which tends to unlimited time. Still i am facing the same problem.

Can you please let me know what others reason can cause this exception.

*Best Regards,    *

*Saurabh Sarasvat*

-----------------------

FWIW, I also have these attributes in my context.xml file, below or in addition
to what you have, Saurabh.

    maxIdle="30"
    maxWait="10000"
    maxActive="10"