Saurabh,

On 4/8/14, 6:22 AM, Saurabh Saraswat wrote:
> Thanks for taking time to respond me.
>
> My updated Resource Tag is -
>
> <Resource name="jdbc/MaxDB" auth="Container"
> type="javax.sql.DataSource" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30"
> maxWait="10000"

That's a lot of connections. Are you sure you need to be able to
support 100 simultaneous queries?

> username="usrname" password="password"
> driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>
> url="jdbc:MySQL://localhost:3306/MaxDB?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull"

validationQuery="Select 1" removeAbandoned="true"

You should use "/* ping */ SELECT 1" as your validation query. The
MySQL driver will perform a lightweight connectivity test instead of
actually executing that query, which will improve performance.

> removeAbandonedTimeout="1000"

1 second for abandoned timeout? That seems low.

> logAbandoned="false"/>

I highly recommend that you set this to "true".

> I have also cross checked my code. I am closing the connection
> properly in finally block.

How about Statements and ResultSets? I think the MySQL driver (and db)
is tolerant of sloppy resource management, but Oracle certainly isn't.

> Also have set the max_connection=250 in etc/my.cnf for MySql.

That just seems like a huge number.

You really ought to set connection limits based upon user id. You
don't want to lock-out root from your database if your web application
runs away with the database...

> Even now i am not getting any Exception but my Application gets
> Hanged after a certain time (after Certain hits to the database
> from application). Have tested pooling with different ways like
> after setting -
> factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory".
>
> Conclusion is that i am not able to find satisfactory solution.

I agree with Daniel: you need to take some thread dumps when the
application "hangs".