On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM, Terence M. Bandoian <tere...@tmbsw.com>wrote:

> On 4/24/2014 11:16 PM, Ankit Singhal wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I did more research on this and figure out the issue.If you see the
>> headers
>> from Android and look into Origin Header.
>>
>> Origin: file://
>>
>> Tomcat CORS filter tries to validate the URI in Origin header and
>> considers
>> "file://" as an invalid URI and returns back 403.
>>
>> I have applied <accept-origin>*</accept-origin> params. So shouldn't CORS
>> filter honor this  ?
>>
>> I agree that Client also has the problem  , but still server should also
>> allow...
>>

> Hi, Ankit-
>
> Have you tried disabling or removing the CORS filter when you're testing
> from the Android device?  The flowchart in the Tomcat CORS documentation
> indicates that the filter will attempt to validate the origin before it
> determines whether or not it is allowed. Apparently, the file scheme is not
> considered valid.
>
> Please Note:  The convention on this list is to bottom-post.  When you
> reply to a message, please do so at the bottom of the message or inline, as
> I've done here.  Additional information may be found on the Tomcat web
> site: http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> -Terence Bandoian
>

>> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Terence M. Bandoian <tere...@tmbsw.com
>> >wrote:

Hi

Removing the CORS filter is not an option , as our site is serving the Web
pages as well and also the JSON data for the mobile app created in Phonegap.

@Chris: I checked the trunk code as well. If you see "dofilter()" method ,
it first do "checkRequestType ()" , where it checks for "isValidOrigin"
first. Based of the results it makes it INVALID CORS. .
I hacked the code and made "IsValidOrigin" always return true. Things
started working after that..