> From: Igal @ getRailo.org [mailto:i...@getrailo.org]
> Subject: Re: Programmatically retrieve number of tomcat connections

> 1) you create a class that implements the Filter interface and maintains
> the count in an AtomicLong object.

> 2) you increment the AtomicLong before the call to chain.doFilter() and
> decrement it after that call.

This has nothing to do with the number of connections.

> another way I can think of is to get all the threads in the JVM with
> Thread.getAllStackTraces(), loop over them, and check their names for
> example.

Which also has little to do with the number of connections, especially when
using NIO.

You may be able to dig the number of connections out via an internal JMX call.
This is, of course, Tomcat specific, but avoids trying to invoke Tomcat's
internal classes.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.