Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to deploy application as ROOT.war in tomcat  7.50 provided by
hosting service provider, but for some reasons I get below message

FAIL - War file "ROOT.war" cannot be uploaded if context is defined in
server.xml

I have below in server xml,

Host name="Myapp.com" appBase="path  to public_html folder">
          <Alias>www.myapp.com</Alias>
          <Alias>myuserid.myhostingprovider.com</Alias>
          <Context path="" reloadable="true" docBase=" path to
public_html" debug="1"/>
          <Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"
              docBase="path to /tomcat/webapps/manager">
          </Context>
       </Host>

However the ROOT.war gets deployed correctly in my local
machine.Appreciate some help here for fixing this issue.

1. What Tomcat version does your local machine have?

2. <Context path="" > and ROOT.war define the same context. Thus the
error message is correct.

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming

And maybe read this too :
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_make_my_web_application_be_the_Tomcat_default_application.3F