Kiran,

Question I have is that if I upload war file via manager app, where does it
go ?

It goes to appBase (e.g. direcotry "webapps") as war file, and if neither unpackWARs at <Host> element nor unpackWAR of Context element is set to "false", they are unpacked to the directory of the same name (e.g. webapps/ROOT.war is unpacked to directory webapps/ROOT).

I can understand that ROOT goes to the ROOT folder if I delete the root
folder, how about myapp.war ?

myapp.war will be extracted to directory myapp.

Does it go to work folder ?

All web applications are unpacked to appBase folder. Work folder is internal Tomcat folder.