Thanks Marks for quick response with requested information.

Regards,
Vinay

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:ma...@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: need information of tomcat support

On 28/10/2014 13:00, Hareshbhai Desai,Vinaykumar (Vinaykumar) wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I need some information about the tomcat support. We are using tomcat
> 3.2.2 and tomcat 6.0.37 in our product.

3.2.2 is 11+ years old. 6.0.37 is ~18 months old.

> If we are not upgrade the tomcat latest version then shall we get the
> support from apache for both tomcat release 3.3.2 /6.0.37?

Oh dear. So 11+ years after you start using Tomcat in your product you start
wondering about whether it is supported or not.

Whenever I see a question like this my first instinct is to look at the company
the e-mail comes from and make a mental note to avoid their products if
possible and if not, make sure to get some suitable words written into the
contract to make sure they are on the hook to keep their dependencies updated.

You are welcome to ask questions about Tomcat 3 but you are unlikely to get an
answer. Very few folks here are still using it and none of the committers known
to lurk on the users list were even involved in the Tomcat that long ago.

You should have more luck with 6.0.37 since there are still quite a few folks
using 6.0.x although keep in mind that end of life for Tomcat 6 is likely to be
announced next year with support ending ~12 months later.

You might find this useful:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatVersions

> If yes is it free or paid support?

Support here is free. A number of companies (including my employer) offer paid
support:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/SupportAndTraining

> How quickly we get response?

On this list, when someone else feels like responding. It might be minutes, it
might be never. You can increase your chances of getting a response by asking
"Smart Questions".

Hint: This question of yours was not smart.

> It would be great if you will share the information on this area, so
> we can take decision quicker.

It would be great if you could do a little research before asking questions.

Mark