Hello All,

I am new to web development with tomcat. Have many years experience in  C and
C++ on Unix.

I am newbie to tomcat too. Pardon me if my questions seem simple, just guide me
to the source or links.

I am interested in debugging the tomcat server source code through Eclipse.I
would like to see how/where/what of the tomcat source code and it's internals
to get a grip on the way it handles things.

I have the following installed -
1)Eclipse Java For EE - Luna
2)Have the RC7_0_57 of the tomcat code.
3) I have tomcat 6,7,8 installed and tested. Running concurrently on three
different port setups etc.

My intention is to write a few Servlet based projects and step into the tomcat
source code while debugging from eclipse. I haven't found any good link to
achieve the same.I will have to compile the tomcat source code too, don't know
how to do that either.

I would be obliged if you could help me or point me to the sources to achieve
this goal.

Thanks in Advance,
Harmeet