Chris,

On 1/26/15 5:36 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:

>> Yeah, that document is evidently a pack of lies. Specifically,
>> the "path" and "docbase" attributes in <Context> are ignored in
>> META-INF/context.xml files, and you really shouldn't have your
>> <Context> anywhere else (except in
>> conf/[engine]/[host]/[appname].xml, which behaves almost the same
>> way).
>>
>> Best thing to do is to name the web application the same as where
>> you want it to be deployed and not try to re-write anything.
>>
>> Is there a particular reason you want to map / to /share instead
>> of /share to /share?
>
> Ease of use and it worked in a previous installment.

Okay. If you must rewrite you should be able to do something like this
(untested!):

RewriteRule ^(/.*) /share/$1 [L]

JkMount /share/* worker1

I dunno if that will work, but mod_rewrite runs pretty early/often in
the pipeline and I think mod_jk will tolerate that.

Note that any response from Tomcat that includes links will have those
links still pointing to /foo and not /share/foo which may or may not
result in a problem.

It may be easier for you to use mod_proxy and do something simpler
like this:

ProxyPass / ajp://host:port/share

Don't forget the ProxyPassReverse if you do that.