-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Dominic [mailto:domig...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 10:43 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: VERY URGENT

Thank you for your kind reply. Its Windows Server 2003 R2. So there will be no
performance issues right?.
Also could  you please tell me, which all are the optimal Windows servers for
Apache Tomcat 7.x?.
Please reply.

Thanks a lot!

Gary

On 2 April 2015 at 20:07, David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 4/2/2015 10:27 AM, Gary Dominic wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Could any one please advise whether Apache Tomcat 7.x is compatible
>> with Windows Server R2?. Also what are the most compatible servers
>> that support Apache Tomcat 7.x?.
>>

> Which Windows server R2?  2003 or 2008?  Though it actually doesn't
> matter.  TC 7 runs fine on every Windows server OS from 2000 on, as
> long as you have the correct version of Java installed.
>

>  Please help!.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Gary

Gary,

Tomcat 7 runs great on 2008 R2, just download the 64 bit version.
Before you install the service, edit service.bat in the bin directory and
change the default memory allocation to suit your needs.
The default is very conservative, on my server I set it to 4096.

Arthur

[snip]
    --StartParams start ^
    --StopParams stop ^
    --JvmOptions
"-Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME%;-Dcatalina.base=%CATALINA_BASE%;-Djava.endorsed.dirs=%CATALINA_HOME%\endorsed;-Djava.io.tmpdir=%CATALINA_BASE%\temp;-Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager;-Djava.util.logging.config.file=%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties"
 ^
    --JvmMs 4096 ^
    --JvmMx 4096
if not errorlevel 1 goto installed
echo Failed installing '%SERVICE_NAME%' service
goto end
[/snip]

 -- This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information
that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
in error, please notify us and destroy this message immediately. ---