Gary Dominic wrote:
Thank you for your kind reply. Its Windows Server 2003 R2. So there will be
no performance issues right?.
Also could  you please tell me, which all are the optimal Windows servers
for Apache Tomcat 7.x?.
Please reply.

Thanks a lot!

Gary

On 2 April 2015 at 20:07, David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net> wrote:

On 4/2/2015 10:27 AM, Gary Dominic wrote:

Hi,
Could any one please advise whether Apache Tomcat 7.x is compatible with
Windows Server R2?. Also what are the most compatible servers that support
Apache Tomcat 7.x?.

Hi.
To save you probably some disappointments and sharp responses on forums such as this one in the future, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you read this :

REALLY

To try to answer your (really rather silly) question : Tomcat is a Java program, which is run by a Java JVM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_virtual_machine).
So wherever there is a JVM, Tomcat will run.
So it is not a question of having "the most compatible server that supports Tomcat 7.x" (whatever that means), it is a question of having a server which runs a Java JVM. And in terms of performance, usually people look at the available CPU, memory, disks etc.., not at the OS. In other words and to make this simple, a big machine will probably run Tomcat faster than a small machine.

Which Windows server R2?  2003 or 2008?  Though it actually doesn't
matter.  TC 7 runs fine on every Windows server OS from 2000 on, as long as
you have the correct version of Java installed.

 Please help!.
Thanks.

Regards,
Gary