Mark,

>See

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo/FasterStartUp?highlight=%28entropy%29#Entropy_Source
<http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo/FasterStartUp?highlight=%28entropy%29#Entropy_Source>

I tried adding -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom and it made no
difference.

Btw the same setup it seems to deploy OK when run via system-config-service
using jsvc :

cd $CATALINA_HOME
    ./bin/jsvc \
    -classpath
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/bootstrap.jar:$CATALINA_HOME/bin/tomcat-juli.jar \
    -user $tomcatuser \
    -pidfile $pidfile \
    -procname $servicename \
    -outfile $CATALINA_BASE/logs/catalina.out \
    -errfile $CATALINA_BASE/logs/catalina.err \
    -Xms128M -Xmx512m \
    -Dcatalina.home=$CATALINA_HOME \
    -Dcatalina.base=$CATALINA_BASE \
    -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager \
    -Djava.util.logging.config.file=$CATALINA_BASE/conf/logging.properties \
    org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

But our jenkins stuff does not seem to like the jsvc (won't restart
itself).

Cheers Greg.