Hi Tim,

Thanks for your answer. I see your point about Apache more convenient for hackers, than Tomcat.

About outage message. This is of course a problem running Tomcat as standalone, but I have the control over WebServer IP through the firewall, so i just start some "Show we're down message" servlet on the
mmm... mailserver and if needed rewrite the current webserver IP :)

Cheers,

Danny

Tim Funk wrote:
Personally - I like having apache in front of tomcat because I find it easier to do CGI, static content directory aliasing, and the volume of available modules to be very convenient. It also allows my site to be up with a higher uptime since I can restart / replace a tomcat and in those periods of downtime - I can reconfigure apache to have an outage message.

YMMV

-Tim