Hi all,

I'm currently trying to specify a list of cipher suites to be used by my connector in Tomcat 6.0.24. However, when testing the connector with ssllabs.com, a bunch of ciphers I didn't specify show up.

Here is the connector config:

<Connector
     port="443"
     protocol="HTTP/1.1"
     enableLookups="false"
     SSLEnabled="true"
     scheme="https"
     secure="true"
     clientAuth="false"
     keystoreFile="{omitted}"
     sslProtocols = "TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2"
     ciphers="TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256"
/>

Just for the sake of the argument, I specified only a single suite.

This is what ssllabs gives me as list of possible ciphers:

TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_MD5
TLS_RSA_WITH_RC4_128_SHA
TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA
TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA
TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256

Obviously, this is not what I specified. When configuring
ciphers="ALL"
the result  Anybody can shed some light on what I did wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards
Ramon Pfeiffer

Universität Tübingen