Hi Dan,

First, please don't top post.
-- Don't know what you mean, i am at qnalist.com and pushed the button "reply
to:"

Reply inline like this or at the bottom.
-- See above.

Second, what is the mistake you're referring to?
-- I explained, that the words, which are in the condpattern valvue do not
match.

Third, we don't know.
-- I have this rewritecond set:
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}
("android|blackberry|googlebot-mobile|iemobile|ipad|iphone|ipod|mobile|palmos|webos")

So, my opinion is, that any word of the string from the user-agent will match
the string set in the third value of the rule.
But it does not. nothing will happen.

 You still haven't provided any configuration or
explanation of what you did.  Where did you configure the valve?  In
server.xml?  In the Context for an app?  Where did you put the
rewrite.config file?

-- My configuration is as follows:

Windows 2012 R2
Tomcat 8.0 in directory tomcat/webapps
server.xml in /conf directory with <valve ...rewritevalve set.
rewrite.config file in directory /conf/catalina/localhost

Rewrite.config will controled after restart tomcat service, because if mistakes
in the rule, tomcat won't start

Explained enough ?

Regards
Frank