On 02.10.2015 16:36, Arno Schäfer wrote:
Hi all,

using tomcat 7.0.54 on Windows 8.1 64 Bit system, I encounter the problem, that
I can not configure a user/password
with the tomcat7.exe utility. I run this as a local administrator in a DOS box
with a valid user and password it returned
with errorlevel 0, but the user was not set in the service settings.

What can be the reason for this? The same solution run before in a tomcat 6
environment with no problems and I
recognize no changes in the documentation in this area.

Hi.
What exactly /is/ the problem ?
- that you cannot change the user-id under which it runs (which by default should be something like LocalService) ?
- or that you can change it, but then it crashes when you run it ?

If the last, then one more question : does your Tomcat or any of its applications need access to any network shared directory ?