Hi Aurélien,

> Arno, can you try with these parameters : --StdOutput out.txt --StdError
> err.txt
> and check if this writes anything to these files (I don't bet a pence on this
> but let's try) ?

That isn't the point. My problem is, that I can't configure a different service
user as the local system account with this utility. 'tomcat7.exe' configure all
other parameter as you can see afterwards in the 'serverconsole' utility except
the '--User' and '--Password' on Windows 8.1 64 bit with no error message. It
only ignores these both values.
The service is running in all cases under the local system account and I can
manualy change to an other user and it still works.
So, do you know, what is the normal process to report a bug to the development?

I have to revert my statement from the mail before: It didn't work also with
tomcat6 on Windows 8.1 64 Bit

> Taken from the doc :
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

I know this document very well ;-)