you can also make your own life very easy, by switching to mod_proxy, and voila, everything works :)

Filip

Mann, Bradley wrote:
Hello,

I am attempting to setup a scenario in which Tomcat is hosting a web
application behind HTTPD using the Jakarta Connector. I have installed
the following on Solaris 10:

Apache HTTPD 2.0.58
Apache Tomcat 4.1.31
Apache Jakarta Tomcat Connector 1.2.15

I am able to access HTTPD's document root, and I am able to access my
web application through Tomcat. I am having trouble, however,
understanding how to get the two to interact using the connector. I
believe I have it setup properly, with mod_jk located in the /modules
directory of HTTPD, and with an Include statement at the end of
httpd.conf that points to the /conf/auto/mod_jk.conf of Tomcat. Under
the Server section of server.xml in the /conf directory of Tomcat, I
have added a listener as follows:

<Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
modJk="/usr/apache/modules/mod_jk.so" />

which points to the location of mod_jk.so.

I have added the same line under the Host section, with the added
attributes:

append="true" forwardAll="false"

My main question is, how do I get my static content from HTTPD to link
to my web application under Tomcat. Do I simply add the Tomcat port
number (8080) to the links in my static content, or is there a more
eloquent way of doing things? I thought the point of the connector was
to prevent having to do this so the experience is seamless for the user.
Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad Mann
Software Engineer - Information Access Services
HARRIS Corporation / GCSD
(321) 984-6292

Filip Hanik