<https://www.facebook.com/interactionsco>
<https://twitter.com/interactionsco>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/interactions-corporation>

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
wrote:

> Am 07.01.2016 um 19:55 schrieb Rainer Jung:
>
>> Am 07.01.2016 um 19:21 schrieb Caldarale, Charles R:
>>
>>> From: Lee Bassom [mailto:lbas...@interactions.com]
>>>>

>>> -XX:+PrintGCDetails
>>>>

>>> I'm going to guess that the above enables the class unloading messages.
>>>

>> I used the above flags in combination with "-XX:+PrintFlagsFinal" and
>> couldn't find anything enabled that would print class unloading
>> messages. Then went further, looked at looked at
>> hotspot/src/share/vm/runtime/arguments.cpp and again didn't find
>> anything (apart from the known -verbose:class, that's not in use here).
>>
>> Then in noticed, that the HotSpot version 20.5-b03 looks quite old, so I
>> guess this is Java 6? And yes, in arguments.cpp for Java 6 one finds
>> TraceClassUnloading enabled as a side effect of -Xloggc (sic!). And that
>> side effect is actually visible with "-XX:+PrintFlagsFinal".
>>
>> So it seems for Java 6 there's no way around that. As soon as you (the
>> OP) use -Xloggc, the JVM activates TraceClassUnloading. This should not
>> happen in Java 7 or 8.
>>

> Actually it suffices to move the -XX:-TraceClassUnloading flag behind the
> -Xloggc flag.
>

> Regards,
>
> Rainer

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Interactions Corporation
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to the Interactions Corporation. This e-mail is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action
taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout. Thank You.