Sent: Friday, June 17, 2016 3:03 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Need help with URL redirecting

Hello all

I am new to the list. This is what i am trying to do but need help on:

I have a webapp running on tomcat 8:  https://myapp.example.com:8443/myapp

I am going to set up a DNS record myapp.example.com which will point to the
IP address of the tomcat server that hosts the webapp.. I want this new DNS
record myapp.example.com to redirect to https://myapp.example.com:8443/myapp.
In other words, I want the URL to redirect port 80 to the URL for the
webapp automatically so the users will not have to enter in the port number
whenever they want to browse to the webapp. I tried doing research on
google and I was not able to find a straight forward way of doing this. Any
help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Sean