On 20/07/2016 17:31, Berneburg, Cris J. - US wrote:
> Mark
>
> Thanks again for taking the time to educate me and answer my
> questions.  My lengthy replies below.  To summarize, our app does not
> seem to commit any egregious memory leak offenses, from what I can
> tell so far.  I plan to heap dump an older version of the app that
> does not use third-party libraries for comparison purposes.

This should help:
http://markmail.org/message/fcbvwapt6afyndxn

One thing worth noting. Yourkit offers two types of heap dumps. You
don't want YourKit's own. There is a JVM bug that prevents some GC roots
from being shown in that format and if your leak traces back to one of
those you can end up scratching your head for days.

Mark