On 9/1/16, 12:14 PM, Olaf Kock wrote:
if I'm remembering correctly, parameters for services are stored
somewhere in the registry. Instead of poking there, you should use the
tomcatw.exe executable which parameterizes the service.

I hope that memory serves me right - it's been a long time since I last
touched windows. Last time I saw it, it spawned a dialog with proper
input fields for anything you might want to configure.

setenv.bat would be used if you start through startup.bat or
catalina.bat - but is not touched by a service, as a service doesn't use
the batch files at all.

Thanks. Your memory serves both of us quite well.

Seems to me that a paraphrase of the third paragraph quoted above ought to be added -- PROMINENTLY -- to the comment lines at the top of catalina.bat and catalina.sh, to keep midrange jocks like me from driving ourselves nuts trying to manipulate services the wrong way.

--
JHHL