Cris,

On 9/22/16 1:35 PM, Berneburg, Cris J. - US wrote:
> Chris
>
>>> So, could we add a small example server.xml snippet to the
>>> JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener documentation to make it clear
>>> to newbies how to add the classesToInitialize option?
>>> Something like:
>>>
>>> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.
>>> JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener"
>>>
>>> classesToInitialize="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleTimeoutThreadPerVM"
>>> />
>>
>> Care to make a formal documentation patch? You'll get your name
>> in the changelog :)
>
> Sure, how do I get started?

Use a subversion client to check out a copy of this URL:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk

Then, edit webapps/docs/config/listeners.xml and look for
JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener. That file is a mix of HTML and XML
that gets transformed into HTML by an XSLT as part of the build process.

You can test your edits by running "ant build-docs" and then viewing
the generated .html files in your web browser.

Once you are happy with your edits, do this:

svn diff > my-great-patch.diff

... and attach it to a Bugzilla ticket describing what you are trying
to do (e.g. "Improve documentation for JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener")
.

> Yay, I'm going to be *famous*!  :-D

It's a slippery slope, my friend. After this, I'll be pressuring you
for trivial code patches :)