> From: Christoph P.U. Kukulies [mailto:k...@kukulies.org]
> Subject: war file incompletely deployed

> I started developing a webapp (Windows 7, tomcat 7/x64). I generate a
> WAR file using eclipse/maven. Once built I copy over the war file
> to a network share on the tomcat server. The share is the tomcat webapps
> directory.

> Once done tomcat autodeploys the .war file into the webapps subdirectory
> with the name of the war file (without extension).

Copying over a network link to the final deployment location can be
problematic.  Tomcat's auto-deployment may see a partially written file and
initiate deployment prematurely.  Best if you can copy the file to a temporary
location on the target server and then mv or rename it to the desired spot.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.