hi,
sorry, its mod_jk no jk2, my typo. All at latest versions. We tried with
mod proxy too.

There is no flood of the server. Nobody is flooding us, they use some
specific connections after which pool of apache workers is exhausted and
blocked
and we need to restart tomcat server.
It is some kind of exploit but do not know how to log it to obtain details.

i had put a limit on connections per client with hope that this will help
but once again, it is not a flood.
They open several connections that are not dropped by apache when they
disconnect. This way whole pool is quickly exhausted and the server broken.

i would like to help you to figure details of this attack but this is
production server so it is impossible to much debugging options

best,
artur