On 13 January 2017 20:55:15 GMT+00:00, marcus presley
<marcus_pres...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi Mark,
>

>I was able to work through the cmsc failed error.  I rebuilt my
>environment with Visual Studio 2010 and this resolved the issue.
>

>I'm experiencing another issue below, when I'm compiling the openssl
>source.
>

>       error LNK2005: getenv already defined in MSVCRT.lib
>

>and
>

>warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs;
>use /NODEFAULTLIB: library

I'm not 100% sure of my ground here so keep that in mind when you read this
reply.

The primary driver for the build environment described in the wiki is to
produce DLLs that depend only on msvcrt.dll and not on any of the later
versions. This simplifies distribution.

The only version of Visual Studio I managed to do this with was VS6. And that
was many years ago when I was trying to build something to test with locally.

Later versions of visual studio always seemed to introduce a dependency on a
later version of msvcrt.dll

I can only recommend that you use the exact build environment set out in the
wiki. Once you step outside of that I'm on unfamiliar ground. I'f you want
something that you can use locally then I can suggest enabling the option in
that warning and see what happens.

Mark