As I understand, the JIO/BIO connector support has been dropped in Tomcat 8.5 +.

While I understand the need to push to the NIO based connectors, just wondering
whether the JIO connector support could have been left as it in Tomcat 8.5 and
beyond.

We had extended the BIO connector to have a custom implementation  and that is
broken now once we move to latest Tomcat versions.

We're evaluating refactoring our custom connector but would appreciate if there
are any suggestions to get the BIO implementation going even in 8.5 and beyond
so that our custom connector's functionality isn't regressed.

Thanks,
Amit