Am 27.03.2017 um 23:11 schrieb André Warnier (tomcat):
> On 27.03.2017 23:03, Scott, Derric T wrote:
>> I ran into a snag and finally identified the culprit.  The tomcat on
>> the backend went from 1.0.14 to 1.0.69.
> As far as I know, there exists no such Tomcat version. Where did you
> get this from ?
> (The current version is 8.5.(something)), major versions before that
> were 8.0.x, 7.0.x, 6.0.x,..)

Indeed, 3.2 was the first version of tomcat, as it continued the version
numbers from whatever name it had before it was handed over to the
apache foundation. It must have been the late 1990s when this happened.
My memory blurs, but it might have started as the reference
implementation of the servlet spec within Sun Microsystems.

Funny enough, the 3.2 versions are not even available in the archives -
they start at 3.3

Oh, those memories...

Olaf