> On this list, it is preferred to not top-post,  ...

No problem.

> There are 2 different modules in Apache httpd which can be used for this :
> mod_jk and mod_proxy_ajp.
> Which one are you using, and can you give us a version?

OK... I inherited this, so don't know much about it ... but I don't see any
help in the log files.  Looking
at the configs, I have (in /etc/httpd/conf.d/) both .... mod_jk.conf and
proxy_ajp.conf.   It appears that
the mod_jk.conf is fleshed out and used.   in the proxy_ajp.conf, only the
module load is uncommented,
there are no other commands in there.  I have log files for mod_jk.conf as
well...

It looks like the apache might be 2.2.3.  The mod_jk.so is dated Dec 17 2012.
((I will be replacing this server
at a later stage of this project, but not at first)).

A note... I did a network snapshot of the old and new and then the "fixed" new.
 The packet data in the
old (7.0.14 tomcat) POST packet looks practically the same in all cases.  In
the new (7.0.69) case the
response from tomcat is a "RSP:SEND HEADERS:400 Bad Request"  but the old one
just proceeds with calling
the class and subsequent output.    After I added a "name=submitbutton" to the
"submit" button, the "fixed" new had
a similar "POST" packet that was then followed immediately by a "REQ:Body"
packet with "Data: submitbutton=blahlah"
and the tomcat returned a "RSP:SEND HEADERS:200 OK"

I don't have a lot of control over what versions I use ...  I may only be
"allowed" to install
the current RedHat yum package.

Derric

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all
copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and
(iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any
message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons
other than the intended recipient. Thank you.