Igal,

On 8/3/17 2:22 PM, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On 8/3/2017 11:05 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 03/08/17 17:59, Igal @ Lucee.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Too bad there are no video recordings of these presentations.
>>> I'd love to watch them and I'm sure that many users would as
>>> well. Unfortunately, not everyone can attend the conventions
>>> due to one reason or another.
>> It was on the wish list but a sponsor didn't come forward to fund
>> it.
>
> Was it priced?  What would have been the cost for doing that?

The cost was $3000/room/day (as quoted to me by Shane Curcuru -- I
asked because I was curious at the time). TomcatCon had one day of
recordings care of our sponsor, Comcast. Other parts of the conference
had recordings as well.

> I wonder if we can do an online fundraiser for that for next year.
> I will gladly contribute some money towards this initiative, and
> I'm sure that there are others like me.

I'm sure the ASF would accept a donation of that type.

> Maybe even some business in the industry would sponsor the whole
> thing for a mention and/or link.

They do, but don't always want to pay for every single room for every
single day.

> Alternatively, the MoSKito webinar that you just announced is very
> exciting.  Perhaps more webinars can be set up.

We just need people to author them and perform. :)

Contributions welcome!