On 25.09.2017 15:57, Don Flinn wrote:
Andre,

I've attached the output from netstat -a.  I see 8080 listening, but not 8443.
I've also
attached the screen shot of the result of running my "protected" application in
Tomcat.

This list removes most attachments, so we did not get the screenshot.
You have ti post it to dropbox or so, for us to have a look.

But you should definitely look in the tomcat logfiles (in the subdirectory inventively named "logs"), to see why it did not open port 8443 when supposedly told to do so.

As I mentioned, when I have Norton Security and it shuts down Windows firewall
and runs
its own firewall.

Yes, but if port 8443 is not open and listening, that's a secondary consideration now. The first is why tomcat does not open that port.

P.S. There are additional options to netstat, which will also print the name of the process which "owns" that port. Makes it easier to scan the list, because it will say
"tomcat" next to the ones opened by tomcat.

Don

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 5:52 PM, André Warnier (tomcat) <a...@ice-sa.com