Thanks Chuck,

As is obvious, I'm not an experienced admin, but a developer.  I picked
another unused port, 447, and tried again.  I'm not running Tomcat as
root.  I want to get the self signed cert working before purchasing an SSL
certificate.

This WORKED.  Thanks for all the help.  Note that I just picked an unused
port at random, not knowing any better.  I'm sure that there is a more
sophisticated way to pick a port to use.  I'm guessing that if I have
Tomcat grab that port it will keep it while it is running.  But for now I'm
over-joyed,

Don