Vicky,

On 11/16/17 1:30 PM, Vicky B wrote:
> Thanks but the same war works fine is WebSphere and tomcat on
> Windows it is just tomcat provided by  Redhat which work different
> i.e it throws the exception

My guess is that something in your Windows environment causes the JRE
to establish the JRE-provided XML parser as the system parser *before*
your code takes over and bootstraps something else.

This is not a Tomcat problem. This is not a Linux problem. It's a
problem with the interaction of one of your libraries and what should
be a system-provided XML parser.

- -chris

> On Nov 16, 2017 11:39 PM, "Christopher Schultz" <
> ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
> Vicky,

2.htm>)

> .
>
> Why do you need a custom XML parser? Why not simply use the one
> bundled with the JRE?

> Where is the xmlparserv2.jar file? Some badly-behaved libraries
> install themselves as the "system" parser when they are used even
> if they aren't being loaded by the system or application (which
> doesn't mean YOUR application) ClassLoader. If that happens, you
> can get weird problems like this.

> Package managers often make adjustments that make sense for their
> environments. I suspect that this problem has less to do with
> RedHat's Tomcat package and more to do with how you deploy your
> application, its libraries, etc.

> Tomcat sets up a ClassLoader for itself to work in. For each
> webapp, a separate ClassLoader is created for them to work in with
> the Tomcat server ClassLoader as the parent. But the webapp's
> ClassLoader is a "child-first" ClassLoader meaning that classes and
> libraries bundled with the application are preferred when code is
> executing in the application's context.
>
> If you had told us your Tomcat version (or anything else about
> your environment), we might have been able to help more, but you
> aren't providing much in the way of information.
>
> Assuming Tomcat 8.0 (because why not?), here is the explanation
> for how class loading works in Tomcat. Almost as if someone was
> /trying/ to make that information available for people looking for
> it.
>
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html
>
> -chris

Parser configuration exception parsing XML from class path