Hello there,

I've realized that if I make a typo in my <filter-class> declaration I get
something in the catalina.out like:

Apr 03, 2018 2:27:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
startInternal
SEVERE: One or more Filters failed to start. Full details will be found in
the appropriate container log file
Apr 03, 2018 2:27:01 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
startInternal
SEVERE: Context [/examples] startup failed due to previous errors

The catalina.log gives me the same information :(

I have also tried increasing the logging level of org.apache.catalina.core
adding

org.apache.catalina.core.level = ALL
org.apache.catalina.startup.level = ALL

into my ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/logging.properties I did not get any useful
information neither.

Is there a way of debugging these kind of issues?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

Server version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.5
Server built:   Feb 6 2018 21:42:23 UTC
Server number:  9.0.5.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     4.4.0-116-generic
Architecture:   amd64
JVM Version:    1.8.0_151-b12
JVM Vendor:     Oracle Corporation

Tomcat running on docker FROM tomcat:9.0.5-jre8-alpine
Alpine release 3.7.0
Linux d799b4063c4c 4.4.0-116-generic

--

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

- Samuel Beckett