Mladen,

On 6/16/18 5:37 AM, Mladen Adamović wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a production Tomcat server and this morning it started to
> give strange ClassNotFoundError for stuff which was working for
> years without a problem.
>
> I did redeploy app (by copying into the dir and deleting their
> ROOT), but it didn't solve the issue, same ClassNotFoundException.
>
> On the development machine I built a new release, checked that it
> worked in my localhost (it worked, no ClassNotFoundException), and
> stopped Tomcat on the production server, moved files from work to
> work_1 directory (that's specified as deleting the cache), copied
> the new WAR files into the destination and deleted the previous
> files.
>
> It didn't still solve the issue, now I got even bigger problem JSPs
> which were working fine previously now they don't work?
>
> What could cause this problem? How to fix it (without setting again
> new production tomcat from scratch)?

It sounds to me like a botched upgrade from a lower version (e.g. 7.0,
8.0) to 8.5 if JSPs are no longer working.

Compare the following files in your environment to what Tomcat ships
with out of the box:

 conf/context.xml
 conf/web.xml

There should be no changes between what you have on your disk and what
comes with Tomcat.

If there are no changes, then look at your own application's
WEB-INF/web.xml to see if you ave somehow overridden the *.jsp
mapping. Finally, look in your application's META-INF/context.xml to
see if there is anything JSP-related in there. (There probably
shouldn't be anything in there, but it's better to check).