Hi All,
I'm trying to enable JMX monitoring using Tomcat 7.0.54.  Turning on the JMX
monitoring is not the problem. To do this I added the following to the Apache
Tomcat 7.0 Properties 'JAVA' tab  GUI Window, which opens up when you run
'TOMCAT7w.exe //ES/<service name>', and it works in that JMX can monitor it.

-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8555
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=<hostname>

The problem is that when I go to STOP the Service it gives me the following
error

Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port
already in use: 8555; nested exception is:
               java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

I have to do a hard kill by either restarting the Appserver or doing SC QUERY
which is not realistic

I can find hits on the error message but the answers seem to relate to the need
to set up JMX under CATALINA_OPTS.  My issue is that I'm struggling to figure
out how to set up CATALINA_OPTS that in Windows when starting Tomcat using a
Service.  The solutions I find either are Linux (I'm Windows) or talks about
setting up JMX with a setenv.bat OR catalina.bat files.    However, from my
research the catalina.bat and setenv files are ignored when you use a Windows
Service.

So my question is how do I do I set up CATALINA_OPTS parameter in Tomcat 7.0.54
when I'm using a Windows Service?

Thanks, Louis

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for intended addressee(s) only and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary or exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
immediately. Unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.